The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Crazy's one of my favourite characters, both because he's extremely effective despite being an unusual combination and because he has a Sommerset Accent and thus I can use all the things that I asociate with that (most notably, my notorious Migrating Rocks sketch).
So, here's a brief and badly-written bit of background about him.

Crazy Stick was adopted by a *ahem* nomadic clan far up to the north (or south, depending on the world). His birth family were caravaneers, but they were killed in an avalanche when he was a baby. Crazy was lucky enough to be near the surface and relatively unharmed by the incident, and was quickly found up by the nomadic tribe who were *ahem* looking for survivors and definitely not responsible for the avalanche. Since he had survived the avalanche unscathed, the nomads believed he was blessed by the gods, and so took him in and raised him as one of their own.

As Crazy Stick grew amoung the nomads, he learnt how to survive in the harsh terrain the nomads favoured; hunting mammoths, defending the camps against wild beasts and Rock Giants (sparking his mistrust of all Rocks), and witnessing an extraordinary number of unfortunate avalanches that tragically wiped out rich trading caravans. He was shorter than most (of course), which earnt him the scorn of many newcomers to the clan, but his surprising strength, nimbleness and hardiness, not to mention his fearsome temper, gradually earnt him widespread respect among the clan.

It was not until his 18th year that Crazy Stick discovered the truth of his caretakers and how he had come to live with them. Furious that he had been deceived for so long and with the now apparent nature of his clansmen, he stormed off, forsaking the clan. He has been wandering ever since.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

2Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian HalflingBarbarian

3Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

LOL... pure bloodlust  Drunk 

4Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

XD

Seriously, Halfling barbarians are surprisingly effective. They hit for only a little less than larger barbarians and can easily hit AC 20 at level 1 without spending much.

5Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

(not so seriously) Remembering been told that they have 3 AoE attacks: A disgusting gas attack that makes you flee with phrases like: omg... that smell. A sonic attack with horrible impact on your morale and that puking like those banshees in WizOn.

6Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I should take some of those as rage powers XD Amusingly, some of those actually exist.

7Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Even though I probably won't get to play Crazy for a while yet, it just occured to me that since...

a. It'd be more amusing
b. We currently have a deficiency
c. It will unnerve party members

...I should
SPOILER:
SHOCK! >:)

8Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Crazy Stick after his change:

9Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

+1

10Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Achievements of Crazy Stick:

Crazy Stick fought the air and won.

Crazy Stick performs surgery with a Greatsword. Sometimes, though no fault of his/her own, the patient survives.

(More to come, maybe)

11Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Empty Re: Crazy Stick, Halfling Barbarian Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:43 am

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Well, having hit the magic 10,000 AS limit set by me arbitrarily near the start of the forum's birth, Crazy Stick is now a Mythic Champion.
Obviously this is still subject to GM ruling of whether it will be permissible or not, but I'd like to hope that at some stage this could happen in a game should a suitable opportunity arise.

I'm also still kind of on the fence about how much AS should actually buy this, if it could be bought at all, but as the most active forum member, with getting close to 2,000 posts after 2 years, it's maybe not totally unrealistic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum