The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Holidays Deathmatch - Ho Ho Hobbit sleighing competition

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

THE YELLOW WIZARD PROUDLY PRESENTS
with thanks to the holiday spirit

Happy Holidays Deathmatch - Ho Ho Hobbit sleighing competition Santa%20Dwarves_zps6ljtek1d

Ho Ho Hobbit Sleighing!
Okay, they're not hobbits in the picture, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a picture of lots of hobbits

In true Christmas spirit, we present a competition featuring mass combat to the death!

Competition entrants will make a halfling character to compete in Ho Ho Hobbit Sleighing following the following guidelines:

You maybe any combination of classes so long as your character is level 5.
You may choose your class(es) from Barbarian, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard.
You may not add a prestige class to your character.
You may not use any material not referenced from THIS link.
You will get 3,500 gold to outfit your character with items
You may take an archetype.
You may NOT use any mythic material.
You will be a halfling.
You will not be allowed any Item Creation Feats.
You will use the Point Buy System to assign ability scores to your Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma.

Ability Score Costs:

Score.....Cost
7............-4
8............-2
9............-1
You will have 25 points to assign your ability scores.

You will have the maximum hit points for your first level, and the average hit points for each level there after.
You will do your best to cut your opponents down to size to become the winner of the 2015 edition of the Happy Holidays Deathmatch.
Winners will receive 1,000 activity score on the forum, another prize donated by Onions and bragging rights for being the most deadly, the most brutal, the most fun loving and the most alive hobbit in the competition.

Please post below to let us know what time suits you for the event!

Last edited by Quark on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Onions is busy every day except Sundays from way early CST to like 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. CST, so I may miss this one XD. But in the event it is a Saturday or Sunday night time for CST, I WOULD LOVE TO KILL YOU AL.. I mean, compete in the ho ho holiday Hobbit sleigh match! Also, I want to be upfront with my gift intentions. IN the event you kill us all, you will receive a 20$ or so Gift code for STEAM. Maybe more, maybe less. I have some runner up gifts with which to dispense the merriment of slaying each other > _ > maybe.

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

CST is GMT -6 or thereabouts, right? I guess if you can do, say, 6 am for you, that makes it 10 pm for me and the other people near me, which I hope should work.

Does 12 GMT on Sunday the 27th suit people? I haven't yet had any characters come in, but hopefully that will change quickly.

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

There has been a minor rules update, clarifiying that you may take archetypes and you may not use any mythic material (because mythic is horribly, horribly game-breaking; there are stories of people breaking 10,000 damage in a round)

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Since Onions sadly isn't going to be there, I might as well change the time to be something a little more suitable for everyone else. I can do, say, 2 am GMT (Which is midday for me) tomorrow, otherwise I'll shunt it to a similar time on the 3rd of January and it will be more of a new year thing.

The area can be found HERE

I will probably GM it, but since there is also a lack of numbers currently I might also put in my own Hobbit.

Also, PLEASE send me a copy of your hobbit's sheet, because otherwise I won't know for sure you're coming and I need to check it's legal.

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I have only 2 confirmed players, half of which are me, but I'm going ahead with this anyway.

The event will take place at 4 AM GMT on Sunday the 3rd. That's 2 pm for people on my local time (you know who you are). Sorry for anyone else, but I'm catering for people who are definitely in it.

I should also have probably clarified that you can use the versions of Monk, Barbarian and Rogue from Unchained.

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

[Ooo OO can I spectate?]

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Results: Ultimately, I won with my Barbarian/Druid combo. I was mounted on my pet Roc, and just charged things. I was unable to be hit because no one bought ranged weapons.

I let the other two contestants try each other after that for 2nd place, which was just won by Black Vegetables with his chainsaw-wielding barbarian (which scores bonus points for being awesome), then 3rd going to Unsavoury Charlot with his mounted fighter. The Fighter had incredible damage (dealing 47 in a single attack), but was trapped in the corner by the Chainsaw Barbarian and killed by the attacks of opportunity.

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Congratulations to the winner! And also, I may have a few things hiding around to offer as runner up prizes. Hopefully, everybody had some fun!

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

It was fun! Hopefully we'll have more people next time for an even better competition!

As thanks for your donation, Onions, I've given you 2000 AS, as well as a specially designed magic item that you can see in your kingmaker game. I've also just given 1000 AS to the victor, 500 to 2nd place and 250 to 3rd.

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

These sort of events definitely help with forum/roll20 based play. Too bad most of the group I run aren't particularly active here.

I have to say I was extremely surprised I got away with the chainsaw. To make things clear to Onions, my character was literally a halfling with a chainsaw and a santa hat. Absolutely no other equipment, I was totally naked...

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

When I saw the chainsaw, I laughed pretty hard. That plus the Santa Hat and nothing else. It's a hilarious image. And also worth being an NPC at some stage.

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I'd love to run one like that, but it'd die in my campaign before it got anything done.

I'm so glad the Kitsune player from Sunbound's campaign hasn't heard of this. She'd try to illustrate it in graphic detail.

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Simple solution: The Santa hat is a hat of disguise. Problem solved; the halfling looks like he's naked, but isn't.

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

The Black Vegetable wrote:
To make things clear to Onions, my character was literally a halfling with a chainsaw and a santa hat. Absolutely no other equipment, I was totally naked...

LOL. Let me look around my Happy Holiday's death match gift stash. I have some tasty runner up presents befitting a naked Hobbit with a chainsaw. Hopefully.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum