The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Empty Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Just a few thoughts thrown at the wall...

Despite my inexperience as a GM, I HATE the concept of rewarding good role playing with just money and xp and the Activity points don't really do it for me. Any thoughts as to allowing knowledge points for being immersive or temporary inherent bonuses for spectacular achievements?

2Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Empty Re: Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Your suggestions have been noted. I'm actually pretty inexperienced as a GM myself, so this sort of comment is helpful.

When possible, I try to give rewards based as much as possible based on the things that happened. If, for example, you check the rewards I gave here (admitedly the only time I've done it thus far), I gave a permanent bonus to a couple of skills since they'd been included in the backstory, some XP to represent the kill he made, some gold from all the people robbed and a choice of gear that the "tutor" might have had.

Activity points were merely a suggestion. I thought it'd be a handy way to give some sort of tangible reward to people who use the forum more often (and as we all know, people like rewards so it encourages activity).
Also, I'll probably use Activity score for games I run (unless removed by unpopular demand), but if you run any yourself (which would be great *hint hint*) you can chose not to use the system.

Of course, I'd be extremely pleased if anyone tried to make it as immersive as possible (and you can count on bonuses coming your way if you do). I hadn't even considered bonuses for spectacular achievements, but I like the idea.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

3Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Empty Re: Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

By spectacular I mean stuff like defeating the tarrasqe without using allips or turning a black dragon into a lawful good ranger...

I was actually OK with the use of activity points from the forum, just want to avoid the use of hanging fate points without setting justification.

4Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Empty Re: Roleplaying awards like Dark Heresy? Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Okay, I get you.
Those are some pretty good examples of spectacular things and definitely worthy of spectacular rewards. I was thinking of a slightly smaller scale when you said that, like one-hitting a boss, the party taking no damage in a hard combat or beating a DC by a long way.
Point taken, when activity points are being spent I'll make sure it doesn't just magically happen. That's probably not quite the right phrase since it's fantasy, but you know what I mean. It'll be things like a favour from an old friend or having a lucky find of some buried treasure.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum