baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer
Merry xmas

103 Re: The Tavern on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
Just returned from my "Homebase". I enjoyed a few wonderful winter days there with my parents and my girlfriend. It was just like... "Once upon a time..." so festive. Here a few impressions, hope you will like it:

104 Re: The Tavern on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Ohhh, I like these photos, They're romantic and beautiful . XDD
Here are the mountains I went these days, green green everywhere.

105 Re: The Tavern on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
I love the small road on the second photo!
Here in europe the stones of such ways look different, more romanian style (square) and I love the look of those chinese roads.
Post more please.

106 Re: The Tavern on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 am

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
I am glad you like it =3
Here are some photos includes stone road, I don't have many about them :P

107 Re: The Tavern on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:46 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Daydream wrote:

Ooooooo. Some yummy ducks, and of course a nice little secret forest path.

108 Re: The Tavern on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:42 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
That forest path looks awesome wushu-stylish. Thx for sharing^^

Here is a photo of my parents cat (Bubi):

109 Re: The Tavern on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Hi, Bubi, here is my mom's rabbit: NiangNiang, a hornorific name of Queen in Chinese , We had tried to rename her, but it was useless......

110 Re: The Tavern on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:17 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
hihi... the name is very fitting. She shines with dignity and wisdom^^ (and looks quite big)

111 Re: The Tavern on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Yes. she is big, I think as the same as Bubi or bigger ^^
and she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

112 Re: The Tavern on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Daydream wrote:she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

How is there no wisdom in this? XD

113 Re: The Tavern on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Onions wrote:
Daydream wrote:she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

How is there no wisdom in this? XD

XDDDDD

114 Re: The Tavern on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:42 am

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Here comes a question, why you like the tabletop game like PF and D&D?(or others)
I like them because they have some uncertainty and ideally you can do what you want in the game.
(e.g. flying cat attacking)

{Off} I lost in Wiz8 again and 3 members were killed by the ferocious dogs XDD
and I wonder why people need playing, too.

115 Re: The Tavern on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
I do like the flexibility in what you can do. It's something that is quite lacking in electronic games. Only in tabletop RPGs can you have a character who fights with household items and fresh fruit (I am actually doing this in a separate live game).

I haven't been doing a great job of it in the online sessions, but I do like being able to really give my characters distinct personalities. Your characters can really live in a way that they can't electronically. I'm sure that all of this will be super handy when/if I eventually get around to writing a book, which is something I've been meaning to try for ages but have never quite gotten around to doing.

116 Re: The Tavern on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 am

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Quark wrote:I'm sure that all of this will be super handy when/if I eventually get around to writing a book, which is something I've been meaning to try for ages but have never quite gotten around to doing.

Good idea! and I strongly recommend your duel character big paw as a main character in the book! :P

117 Re: The Tavern on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 am

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
I suppose there's nothing stopping me from writing a few paragraphs at a time on here or something. I've got some characters concepts I could work on a little maybe. I'll try to keep them short and humourous, maybe some anecdotes from other games. Or I can probably do requests.

In the same vein, I'd probably do a web comic eventually, if I could draw. Since it's another thing I've been meaning to get around to doing. I could maybe combine the two, but drawing stuff takes a bit of time, unless I do it particularly badly. I might start with a little character I call the Telephone Dog if I do.

The Telephone Dog:

Occasionally group 1 writes stuff, which I could probably share (with their permission).

118 Re: The Tavern on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 am

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
At least you have the idea and some results, the comic would be interesting even the dog is simple, story is more important than your drawing skills I think. :D
Now I am trying to developing a tabletop game online platform (it's my project in the web class),
I hope the players can feel what you said, creating a story or something. Not sure this is a good idea, I am stilling thinking about why RPG, D&D, MMO, PF....etc appeals people. The platform logo maybe the Flying Ninja tree that Lakatos (or Sandron?) had mentioned before. lol

----I want to see the group 1's story, they are too funny.XD-----

119 Re: The Tavern on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer
Thats the Invisible Flying Ninja Treetrapper who killed that mad trapper lad in the forest.

120 Re: The Tavern on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
Here's a level up text (Spoilers emitted)

By Malagbaal:

A few days after {SPOILER OMMITTED}, unrest has slowly begun to die down, though many within the kingdom are still angry... unsurprisingly. I sigh, and Rylai hisses from my skin, and coils her tail tighter around the resistance flower on my left shoulder. I realise how tense I am and sit up, igniting some of the candles along the walls with a wave of my hand. The faint warmth on my face and the flickering of flames relaxes me and Rylai slithers forth, ink turning to flesh and drapes herself over my shoulders. I stroke her head lightly with my left hand, and ignite a flame in my free hand. It is hot but doesn't burn; Fire hasn't truly harmed me for many years now. "Beautiful, isn't it" I whisper to Rylai. She doesn't reply, but I know she feels the same as I do as I gaze into that fire. As I gaze into it though, something feels different. Something has changed.

I stand slowly, and as I do Rylai slithers from my neck and down onto the bed. My nightgown flows smoothly around me, bright red against my skin, cooler than I'd like. I open the door to my room and pass the troll's skull mounted over my fireplace. I turn to the right and enter into a small solid brick where a large tub stands. I stack wood beneath it, and set it ablaze, a burning arc leaping from my arm to the wood, and then to candles around the walls. Moments later the water is bubbling, and I let my nightgown fall to the floor before slipping into the water. The bubbles rise around my skin, burning away the grime of the world. I sigh in contentment as the flames beneath the tub crackle heartily, and my mind wanders back to the past few days once more... though my thoughts now are different. I realise that something has changed. I've felt like this before, like I suddenly understood myself better. I sense... power within my blood. Not the power that has always been there, something new. I call to Rylai and a few moments later she slithers into the room, a small knife held within her mouth. I lean out of the tub and take it from her, before settling back into the boiling water. I trace the tip of the knife around my left palm, before cutting lightly into it and squeezing my hand shut. When I open it again, a small ruby has replaced the blood. I feel slightly weaker; but no matter. I smile and close my hand again, and the ruby crushes unaturally easily into dust. And I know what to do with it. The dust within my hand bursts into a flame; but I feel no heat. I open my palm, and a flame crackles there, like the one I had summoned before, but this one feels not like fire. I lower my hand into the water, and the flame continues to burn. A slow smile creeps across my face; I've read of continual flame but never before seen it. I have big plans for this fire... Perhaps even it will cheer some of the townsfolk up. I close my hand again and the flame is extinguished by my will.

There's still something else. I slide my legs over the edge of the bath and stand dripping for a moment, before I shiver, and a ripple of fire rushes lightly over my skin. There is a hiss and steam rises off my skin and I am dry. My hair falls straight and loose against my back as I step to a mirror hanging on the wall. I feel like I can see more. Or should see more. My eyes widen in surprise and delight as the thought occurs to me; I mutter something intuitively in Draconic and watch as my eyes change. I blink, and admire myself. My eyes look like those of a dragons and I sense that I will be able to see more with these eyes than I could before. I cast vanish upon myself; and yet can still see myself. I smile. It's just as I thought.

I walk from the bathroom and dress, donning the eleven queen's red and gold dress and tiara, before pulling on a pair of long leather boots. I go once more to the mirror and smile at my reflection. I might not yet be a queen... but I look like one.

I sigh. I suppose I still need to eat. Soon I shall move into a larger house and hire servants once more, I promise myself. Too long have I lived in just three rooms.

"Are we going out?" Rylai asks me as I sit down to a quick meal, scorching some salted meat on my plate with fire that flows from my fingertips.

"Soon," I reply "And I'm going to try and make the people like us... well, me at any rate... a bit more once again."

Rylai hisses acknowledgment and slithers onto my leg, merging into my skin once more before winding her way up to my arm once more.

I eat quickly, and soon find myself heading out the door. I head to the most busy part of the town and begin my work. Pulling the small knife from my bag once more, I dig into my skin a little; this time pulling forth a much larger ruby. It crumbles to dust at my will once more and I begin placing continual flame on torches along the street.

"Lady Rogarvia?" an older girl asks me questioningly as I light a torch by the Shrine of Erastil.

I turn and smile at her. "Yes?" I ask her as the flame blazes to life.

"What are you doing? It is far too early..."

I laugh "It can never be too early for these torches; unless I will it, they shall never go out, and can never burn the city" A small part of me wants to cry on saying these words but I suppress it; though what is the point of a fire that cannot blaze. Still... for appearance's sake...

The girl is expressionless for a moment, before smiling back broadly at me. "Thank you Lady Rogarvia!" she proclaims loudly. "You bring such magical light to us, and yet ask for nothing, I must tell my friends!"

For the rest of the month, I weaken myself considerably drawing blood for the people but it is worth it. The title of "Lightbringer" spreads before me, until it is almost official and I personally have won back at least part, though not all, of the city's favor.

The notorious cake incident

By Vaan de Rede:

Berholdt was not a storekeeper by his own choice, he wanted that to be clear right from the beginning. Growing up, he had always wanted to be a carpenter, or perhaps a lumberjack, but when he was ten his father had sat him down, told him matter-of-factly that he was being apprenticed to Gerald of the Many Goods, and that had been that. His dreams of treefelling, felled before they had even begun.
So, that morning, he was not feeling in a very good mood, as he opened shop, set up goods, chatted to some early-morning supply-gatherers, one or two shepherds, all of who left quickly, leaving him alone until the town in general awakened. He was just counting out some leeks, when he heard the slight click of the shop door opening and closing, but when he glanced up, nothing was there, weird.
He turned back, finished the leeks, started weighing the cabbage out on the scales, when he heard someone cough.
There was - and how in Inferno had she managed to get there? - a small person, standing before the counter, forehead barely peeking up from behind it, neck craned to look up at the shopkeeper, grey eyes batting lashes in a way that was likely intended to be seductive.
Berholdt frowned, recognition breeding unease. It was that strange little lady who was always lurking around near the Baron, the one with the crossbow, and the unnerving smile.
"Hello, friend," she said.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that," he grumbled, eying the girl nervously. "What do you want, little person?"
"Firstly, and this is important, you need to listen, please, if you ever call me 'little person' again, I'm sorry about this, but I will ensure your tongue and your balls become such good friends with one another that they share embarrassing stories about their wives, and their bedroom antics, and how they go about pleasuring themselves, they'll be such good friends, they'll probably sing songs together and go down to the alehouse and wash each other's back, won't that be nice," she replied, still smiling brightly and talking in a sickly-sweet tone, "And secondly, I want a cake."
"A... a what?"
"A cake, some food, a tasty thing, you make it out pastry, and sugar, and honey, and occasionally some bonemeal, I think, I'm not sure, but it's a good thing, a very good thing, I need one."
"W-w-why?"
"It's my birthday month after next, I'm turning fifteen, it's the first time in the history of the world that I'll be fifteen, brilliant, yes, so I'm going to be throwing a party, everyone's invited, well, all my friends, everyone important, so I suppose you're out, you don't seem friendly, oh, no, I'm sorry, I'm kidding, I love you, will you marry me, wait, no, you have a wife, I could kill her, no, that would be mean, you're my friend, it's bad to be mean to friends-"
While this monologue continued, Berholdt had gingerly crossed his arms and put the heavy bronze scales, out of some animalistic desire to have something, anything, between him and her. But the girl had walked off, and was now inspecting the goods on sale on the right counter, even as she continued rambling.
"-I need a husband, you see, if I'm to have children, I would prefer to have a prince, a handsome one with long blonde hair and arms like tree trunks, but failing that, I could take the Baron, but that would be dull, I think he's already like that with his dogs, don't want to get in between that, wait, no, that's mean, I shouldn't say that, I love him, he loves me, I think, say, are these pears ripe, pears go bad so easily, you know, you have to be careful, I have to be careful, I also need streamers and hats for the party, husband, husband, you know, I suppose I might not need one, Orophin could find a way for me to bear child without one, he'd do it just to make sure I don't spend too much time around one person, he's like that, you know, always worrying about me, maybe I should marry him, wait, no, forget I said that, I don't even want to think about that, eugh, he's a century older than me, he'd say I was crazy if he heard that, do you think that? Do you think I'm crazy?" she finished, suddenly turning back to Berholdt.
"Ah-" he swallows, and blinks, "Shall I answer honestly, or gently?"
"Can you do both?"
"No." He starts fumbling at the ledger below the counter. "Did you say something about a cake?"
"Yes, the cake, it has to be big, and sweet, plenty of honey and pastry, and fifteen candles, if you have a different number everyone will start thinking I'm ageing backwards, or worse, aging normally but faster, that's too terrible too even think about!"
"Right..."
"How fast can you get one made?
"I can't get one made, I'll have to order in from up north. Do you realise how much this is going to cost?"
"Oh, a guessing game, let's see, my tongue, my clothing, my virginity, my soul, my life, my earplugs, which?"
"No, none of those, it'll- it'll cost fifty pieces."
"Ooh, gold or copper?"
"GOLD, you little per-"
What happened next happened very quickly. Berholdt had brought out the ledger to the top of the counter, and was pressing his open hand on it to hold the pages down. As he spoke, he blinked, and when his eyes opened the creature was crouching on the counter, face an inch away from his, and she was no longer smiling, just raising an eyebrow imperiously.
Additionally, her hand was just above his, clutching a dagger, which had struck down directly between his middle and ring fingers, piercing the spine of the book.
It had caused a little nick, just between his second and third knuckle. The nick burned.
"Let's talk about something else," she murmurs quietly, as Berholdt backs away wide-eyed, clutching at his hand. "A few days back, while I was out and about and unable to stop it, something killed a boy named Bevan. Do- did you know him? He took care of the flocks up in the north pastures, when Corwin was busy. Do you know, that boy smiled at me, the times I came over to visit? He had the cutest little smile. He had a birthmark, on his right cheek, he blushed whenever I touched it. He didn't mind when I wouldn't stop talking. He was going to teach me to play the lyre. He was my friend. Berholdt of Briarford, you know more than most about conditions around this town, do you have any idea what might have done this?
The shopkeeper forces himself not to hyperventilate. "Can't say I do-"
"Mmm?" She still isn't smiling.
"But- but give me a while, to talk to people, see who's been where done what, I'm sure I can find something to help you-"
"Excellent!" She smiles, and it's like the sun coming up. "It is good, that we understand each other, it is so, so terrible, when friends must fight one another, I'm sure you'll be very, very successful in your inquiries, you have been so helpful, thank you most kindly." She gets off the counter, and that dagger finally comes out of his ledger. "How long will it take to have the cake delivered?"
"A month."
"How much honey and pastry will it have?"
"As much as possible."
"You are learning!" She beams at him. "I will pay you when it arrives, for now, you have my word as your friend, that you may trust me."
"Very well, miss."
The creature was now making it's way towards the door. "Farewell, then, give my regards to your wife, be sure to talk to her often!"
"...why?"
"She is also one of my informants, it is so important for the Tongue's Children to talk, to coordinate, get better results, don't you think, I think so, see you soon, I'm sure!"
The shop's door clicks shut.
And then there is silence.

Oh yes, and there was also the incident where Razortongue (The party's rogue from above) glued herself to the roof of the stable at Oleg's. Although that's about the whole story.

121 Re: The Tavern on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:42 pm

The Sunbound

Adventurer
Adventurer
Unluckily group 1 is home to 3 very head strong players (Myself included Grin ).
Thinking first isn't exactly something we're good at, teleporting onto giant floating lobsters is one of our specialities though.
Also hello, I beleive this is the first time I've actually used this lower forum section or have had proper communication with group 2 even though this chat has been open for nealry a year :3

122 Re: The Tavern on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
I can't remember if I mentioned...
When group 2 were wandering around in the trap hex, they were looking for the Boar named Tuskgutter (Remember him?). They didn't find any trace of him, and so they wondered if he was flying. Which, you may recall, was exactly the same hex where you found the fey boars...

Oh yes, and the flying ninja trapper tree. I can't remember where that came from, but it was fun. That was a group 2 thing.

123 Re: The Tavern on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 pm

The Sunbound

Adventurer
Adventurer
Those Fey boar were nightmares...
It seems both groups have fallen prey to your interesting creations, Flying boars, Rock Lobsters, Ninja Trees.

124 Re: The Tavern on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
That would be Roc Lobster. Combination of Roc and Lobster. Pun strikes again! Muhahahahah! Devil I take full credit for that one.
The flying pigs were just boars with the fey template (although I think I'd prefer fungal in hindsight), so I'm can't actually take credit for that. Template served its purpose though; you haven't forgotten about it. And the flying ninja trapper tree just somehow got built up in conversation and I had completely forgotten that I was going to actually make a stat block for that at some stage. You might get to be my test subjects for that...

Since we're here, any monster requests? Monster designing is fun (If tricky)

125 Re: The Tavern on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:21 am

The Sunbound

Adventurer
Adventurer
You know I would be tempted to give you suggestions but I have a feeling that Brairford would fall under their twisted gaze. I've sadly had ideas for my own campaign and I've tried to adapt the Vraal from Deltora quest over to pathfinder. I mean who doesn't love a giant blind t-rex death machine.

126 Re: The Tavern on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:44 am

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
It's quite possible, although if it's under CR 7 I wouldn't bother with it. for the other group, however...

Anyway, I'll only put in things you suggest if you want to see them used. Or alternatively we can have maybe some online test things so you can see how they work out. Speaking also of which, it's been a while since we've had a challenge thingie/Duel (aka Minmax festivals)

127 Re: The Tavern on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

The Sunbound

Adventurer
Adventurer
We should have a Masked Wrestler Monk Challenge.
Make the best Grapple monk and see who can out pin who.

128 Re: The Tavern on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
Interesting choice. I'd certainly like to try something like a monk showdown. Maybe level 5 and at least one level in monk?
Monk/Magus could be interesting. Possibly even Monk/Swashbuckler (although you'd need feats to make your unarmed stike do piercing damage).

Anyway, to get away from that, I'm doing my Masters. To illustrate what I'll be able to do at the end of it, I present this Comic:

129 Re: The Tavern on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:19 am

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
{Monster}
I like Quark's design about Mad Baker, his partners can be a party consist of crazy breads.
Then after we beat the crazy bread we can have breakfast for many days XD
I also like my multiple-copy-design monster Michelin. It is a good member in cooking and surviving,
cuz I set its special ability as Evaluate Food. XD

{Comic}
The comic got me. I like the term magic eye machine. I laughed out loud LOL LOL
Will you study fMRI? (Magic eye machine Lv10, function: Hey, there is a little dog in Quark's brain!)

{Duel}
I can use Haivy to attend the grapple duel directly. That will save so much time for me.

{Story}
Well, I havn't finished them. I need dictionary company with me to read XD

130 Re: The Tavern on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:23 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
*Knocks the March 20th cobwebs off the Tavern thread, and makes a milkshake.*

Hmm, does anyone still come here?

131 Re: The Tavern on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:20 pm

The Black Vegetable

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
I think I've only used this board once, and that was to respond to a post by the mostly absent Van de Rede...

Carrion Crown (Play-by-Post)
          Skull & Shackles (Live)

Previous Campaigns:
          Dobhyst Wasteland (Resolved)

132 Re: The Tavern on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
Last night I had a drink here with that flying ninja tree trapper. Today a legendary hangover kicks my butt (and head)^^

133 Re: The Tavern on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:10 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Hehe. I just got a Shin Megami Tensei game from the Playstation Network. It is called Nocturne. It was for the PS2, but just now playing it. It is pretty cool, I like that there is no real voice acting to speak of, much better than the cheesy voice overs many games seem to get. That way I can put my OWN cheesy voice acting to it in my head at least.

I played the first persona game on the Playstation one a long time ago, I liked that it had the first person dungeon crawling perspectives of the old wizardry games, and it kinda had a more mordern feel to it, riding on the Y2K doom and gloom aspects of the time with a splash of japanese science fiction weirdness. The US release didn't have the weirdy naked stuff the Japanese version supposedly did, thankfully. If you can track it down and get it, I would suggest playing it. It could be "better' but was pretty cool. I tried the eternal punishment sequel, and I think i have to be more of an anime fan to get into it, so that has stymied my desire to partake of the later persona games.

I will say, I am not a japanese anime type person, and I REALLY enjoy at least the first parts of this Nocturne game. Meow.

134 Re: The Tavern on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:05 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
Nocturne?

Funny! I am just reading a book from the Horus Heresy Series about Vulcan, the primarch of the Salamander Space Marine Legion. Homeplanet: Nocturne^^

135 Re: The Tavern on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm

The Black Vegetable

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Ah Vulcan. Pretty much the only primarch who doesn't give me a headache.

Also
Onions: "Oh spirit of war, give this warrior the strength to continue fighting, please.."
[Come on tasty roll]
Mr Dicey: 1

Well played Mr Dicey. Well Played.

Skull & Shackles (Live)

Previous Campaigns:

136 Re: The Tavern on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
The Black Vegetable wrote:Ah Vulcan. Pretty much the only primarch who doesn't give me a headache.

My favorite primarch is Corax, but you are right, Vulcan might be the most uncomplicated "demigod".

Btw, this spring I was reading the Night Lords trilogy and have to say: Best WH40k stuff since Gaunts Ghosts.
Just awesome. Aaron Dembski-Bowden succeeds to put real sympathy for those psychopaths in the heart of the reader.

137 Re: The Tavern on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

The Black Vegetable

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
He's writing the script for a high-end animated movie focussong on the Ordo Malleus. I think it's called "High Inquisitor," or something along those lines.

Skull & Shackles (Live)

Previous Campaigns:

138 Re: The Tavern on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:53 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
He is quite a freak imo^^ Love this guy Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3