You are not connected. Please login or register

The Yellow Wizard » The Bar » Banter » Tasty Food

Tasty Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tasty Food on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
What good tavern is complete without some tasty food?

mmmmm.... oh wait what?

Yeah, so here I suggest we put our favorite foods in there.. or pictures of them. Maybe recipes too. I've been using this guy's recipe for General Tso's chicken.

I don't recommend the sesame seeds at the end.. and instead of garlic, I use spicy peppers, like red or green spicy chili's. And ofcourse the tastiest onions hehe.

Which tasty foods do you like?

2 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
Well, since you bring it up, I made this the other day...

(The picture's a link to the recipe)

3 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
My girlfriend and me are in the lucky situation, that we have different cultural background and being able to cook very well.

I can cook almost everything from the german, austrian and italian cuisine, while she can cook almost anything from the russian and kazakh cuisine.

This are "Rindsrouladen mit Spätzle", one of my german favorites.

And this are Manti, a traditional kazakh food that we cook twice a month. Tastes so good, much better than it looks like^^ It is funny, we even have the exactly same pot to cook them in steam.

4 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
If those are pictures of your cooking, I would be super impressed. They look scruptious!
So, if my extemely bad memory of German serves me, Manti would basically be pork and onion steamed dumplings? And I have no idea about the Rindsrouladen.

5 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
These are not the pictures of my cooking, but I have to say (really no boasting), that my beef rolls (Rindsroulade) are not looking a bit worse than these here for sure. The sauce I make is more thick and a bit lighter (it is a cream sauce with a touch of mustard and green pepper). I love cooking since my childhood, worked as a cook, but never had an official training.

The stuffing of the manti is traditionally pork, onion, maybe a carrot and some spices. But with cream cheese, capsicums, onions, black bread its tasty as well. But manti is no german recipe, it is from Kazakhstan or from the orient in general.

...btw, the chocolate, caramel tart I will try next year... my girlfriend loves caramel and this looks rly awesome.

6 Re: Tasty Food on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:58 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer
I like most of food what I know, and I like to eat either. I dont rly have favorite food, but if I must name it, it would be "Brassov roast". Idk if this name is correct just translated with google. But its potato+stew basically.

7 Re: Tasty Food on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
baaron7 wrote:I like most of food what I know, and I like to eat either. I dont rly have favorite food, but if I must name it, it would be "Brassov roast". Idk if this name is correct just translated with google. But its potato+stew basically.

Mm.. like this?

This looks pretty tasty too.

8 Re: Tasty Food on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:39 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer
eheh yeah, that pizza-like thing looks great Drunk
and yeah, it looks like that, but I preffer it with less liquid :D

9 Re: Tasty Food on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:22 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
baaron7 wrote:eheh yeah, that pizza-like thing looks great Drunk
and yeah, it looks like that, but I preffer it with less liquid :D

That pizza does look seriously tasty. So does this chicken pot pie..

Drunk

10 Re: Tasty Food on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:50 am

UnsavouryCharlot

Adventurer
Adventurer
I love Wiener Schnitzel, best one I had was in Munich.

11 Re: Tasty Food on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:10 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer
Tomorrow me and my GF go to my parents deep in the Allgäu (near Castle Neuschwanstein).

There we will eat Kässpatzen:

My mother makes the best Kässpatzen of this galaxy for sure. Self made Spatzen (its a kind of noodle), three different kinds of cheese (Appenzeller, Limburger and young Gouda). And many, many roasted onions. Spices are just salt and pepper. Only thing else needed is a bit parsley.

It is one of my all time favorites!

12 Re: Tasty Food on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:06 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Einstein wrote:

And many, many roasted onions.

Cool

13 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Just made that first recipe I posted and have a picture.. But then I thought, what if we submitted our food to the Pathfinder Society to buy as buffs like in Wizardry Online and Gilgamesh's Tavern.

I present to you..

14 Re: Tasty Food on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
Kaesspatzen probably roughly works out to be similar to Macaroni Cheese. But with more cheeses. If I can get it, I like to cook that sort of thing with a mix of Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, Gruyere and Parmesan.

One of these days I'll take a photo of something I've cooked and post the picture and recipe here...

15 Re: Tasty Food on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Mister Dicey

Yellow Wizard
Recently aquired a waffle iron and have been making a couple of waffles. There's not a whole point in taking a picture of them since they don't look particularly special, but here's a tasty recipe...

Potato Waffles

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
2 cups of grated potato (roughly 3 medium potatoes)

Instructions
Plonk everything in a bowl and mix until combined, then cook in a waffle iron until they're done to your satisfaction. (More precisely: sift in dry ingredients, then gradually add wet ingredients to avoid lumps)
Recipe makes 4-8.

16 Re: Tasty Food on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
I was just thinking about some fish.. then I was thinking about some pancakes.. so I decided to look for images of fish and pancakes and found this. Mmm.

17 Re: Tasty Food on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
I tried this receipt yesterday, easy and awesome good :3

Mister Dicey wrote:Recently aquired a waffle iron and have been making a couple of waffles. There's not a whole point in taking a picture of them since they don't look particularly special, but here's a tasty recipe...

Potato Waffles

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
2 cups of grated potato (roughly 3 medium potatoes)

Instructions
Plonk everything in a bowl and mix until combined, then cook in a waffle iron until they're done to your satisfaction. (More precisely: sift in dry ingredients, then gradually add wet ingredients to avoid lumps)
Recipe makes 4-8.

18 Re: Tasty Food on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord
Pancakes sound so yummy. I would make some, but I don't want to. ; _ ;.

19 Re: Tasty Food on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Quark

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer
Wow, forgot about this thread. We miss you, onions!

In the meantime, I made some Chilli Jam. Tweaked a little from that, 'cause I used habaneros and balsamic vinegar instead, but seems pretty good.

If you would like to GM on the forum, please let me know

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum