The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other Games

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Other Games Empty Other Games Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I've been hearing a lot about Five nights at Freddy's, so I've decided to give it a try. Waiting for nightfall to find out if it's as creepy as people say...

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

2Other Games Empty Re: Other Games Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

For the love of whatever we all hold dear, incorporate nothing you find in that game into kingmaker. Already died once to a giant canine i dont need to do it again with a robotic one.
Also good luck, you'll probably need it past night 4/5.

3Other Games Empty Re: Other Games Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Have currently survived four nights at Freddy's without too much difficulty, and so has my sleep. Night five is a killer though. Nearly survived a couple of times only to have that creepy rabbit jump out at me from nowhere right at the end. The occasional random power drops are also pretty nasty.

Heard that there are also another 2 nights at the end, which will be... interesting. Night 5 has been tough enough.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

4Other Games Empty Re: Other Games Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Well, I see this thread has not been used in a bit. I've been playing quite a bit of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for some reason. The game is not in my opinion particularly fun, but it had some interesting systems in it. It made me begin to wonder if Japan has a lot of this style of game that it just doesn't export to the rest of the world.

What really interested me of this game was the 'contact' system, while it seemed like a lot of thought was put into it, it was not particularly well accomplished. I've played "Revelations: Persona" a long time ago and the contact system is similar to that, but more involved. The main gripe I had on Persona 2's contact system is it is just well.. boring. Way boring. But within that boredom there were some innovative ideas, like striking contracts with "demons" or basically monsters, where you can later ask monster or demons of the same type for items, information, or other options. For instance there is a dungeon where there is some damaging goo on the floor, and you chat with one of the demons and ask for information and they mention that one kind of demon is a real neat freak, when you start talking to the neat freak type demons they be asked to clean the goo off the floor and they will XD. I thought that was a pretty neat idea. Another thing you can spread rumors that become the truth. That sounds kinda stupid and way out there, and tbh it kinda is, but it is cool at the same time, because you can get further information about a rumor and manipulate the rumor to gain some kind of bizarro control over the rumor. There are a ton of rumors, and this system; to be fair; is WAY more in depth and thought out than the contact system with the demons. It just doesn't seem that way at first. They got a lot going on in that game that I don't think really made it to the main gaming scene, and it's a shame, because with some slight re-iterating on these ideas, they could create a whole new 'genre' within a genre. A sub-genre really. The whole Persona Series though, worth a spin if you're looking for something a little new (if you never played them before). Well I say that, Persona 1 2 and 4 are the only ones that I've played. I will probably beat 2 and play 3 sometime soon.

(And to be honest, I couldn't figure out who demon wise to talk to get the one neat freak demon things to clean the goo off the floor, I read that in a faq for the dungeon while I was going through there. XD Still kind of liked the whole idea of it.]

5Other Games Empty Re: Other Games Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Well, since I've been reminded of this now, I've been doing Tales of Zesteria a lot recently. If you're not familiar with the Tales of Series, they're sort of like what Final Fantasy would be with plot, local multiplayer and characters with more than one dimension. As an added bonus, they tend to have a fair amount of humour and lots of character-character interactions even outside of set dialogue points.

The battle system in this particular iteration strikes an interesting point between "extremely simple" and "extremely complex". While you can fairly easily get away with just spamming the attack button in battle, properly exploiting an enemy's weakness and being able to dodge their attacks with the lightning reflexes required can take quite a while. There's also a skill system which, on the surface is simple (Just equip gear with the abilities you want), has an almost irritating degree of micromanagement involved (You can get extra strong bonus abilities based on how skills interact with each other).

Sadly, I don't think Zesteria quite lives up to the other iterations I've played; while it's substantially prettier and has some other cool features, the plot isn't as twisty or intricate as others, and in some parts is downright disappointing. Puzzles lack the depth that other iterations had, but at least they made some sort of effort. The villains and some characters weren't as well rounded as they ought to have been, either. Not to say it hasn't been enjoyable or excellent, it just wasn't as good as other iterations have been.

To tickle Onions, I've dug up a recording of one of the more bizarre scenes: an optional boss. A guy in a turtle suit dual wielding fish. He pulls out his ultimate attack at about 5:10 into it (which is worth a watch for its hilarity value). Also, the area it takes place in is the "Katz Corner", where everyone is a cat... thing, and has catty music. It's sort of weird, but also comic. You can hear it near the end of the recording.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]