The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingmaker Group 2

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

251Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:54 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer

Moving behind Kressle grandma (using acrobatics) and flanking her.

252Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 am

Lydovec

Regular

Looks like melee combat started...
Show time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRHTmVr9bQ
I hope this (pirate) song won't wake that sleeping bandit up...:P

253Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:01 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

rofl.... the name of the band is so subtle... Alestorm (^.^)y-°oO

254Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:07 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Combat Log}
Sandron's spell hits the ground at the bandit's feet, but his sabre slices through the air and hits the bandit in the top of the leg. The deep gash spurts blood, and the bandit looks pale.
Haivy follows up her stunning fist with a blow from her Kama, which takes Kressle in the arm. Kressle is now looking very weak.

Kressle is still recovering from the stunning blow.
The Yellow Bandit decides he's had enough and makes a run for it, dashing off through the bandit's campsite that you can now see from your position.
Red bandit will be sleeping for a long while yet.

Lakatos doesn't need to tumble past Kressle because she's still stunned, and stabs her with his dagger. The blade bites into her back, and she finally crumbles to the ground, bleeding from her multiple wounds.

Combat can be over now, if you desire it. Haivy and Lydovec still have turns this round before the yellow bandit runs again, and the Red bandit isn't going to wake up until you've had all had another 9 moves each (54 seconds game time)

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

255Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

OK, Hi moves to yellow bandit and hit him.
(Do we need to keep someone alive for gathering information?)

256Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Combat log}
Haivy's kama grazes the bandit's face. It's not a deep cut, but enough to cause a large blood flow.

257Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:13 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Changing to sling and aiming to the escaping bandit.

258Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

I use a rope to fix the red bad one.

259Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Waiting for Lydovec to say what he's doing... I'd assume that he'll continue his Bard song and shoot his sling at the retreating bandit...

Sandron begins tying up the Red Bandit. It'll take a little bit (But definitely before the bandit wakes up)

Oh, and congrats to Baaron7 on becoming an Aristocrat =3

Last edited by Quark on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

260Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{Off}
I guess that Lydovec is singing happily, like japan animation MACROSS ─ the human's song have power to destroy the alien enemies XD

261Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

We're haihaiho we're haihaihei~
(just the 2nd part of this track)
Bandits show me your hand~

262Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Well done, well done

As I am still fixating the red bandit, I think bout what doing next... Hopefully Haivy and Lakatos are able to finish that yellow bandit. If not I ll gonna help em of course (anyways, with that one I'd have a score to settle).

When fight is over I will treat my wound (_]::[_) (kit&skill)

263Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Lydovec can attack and use the Bardsong at the same time after he's started it off (Continuing the song counts as a move action, so you can move and not attack or attack and not move as well as singing).

Since he hasn't said otherwise...

{Combat Log}
Seeing that Kressle has fallen, the Bandit immediately drops to his knees and holds his hands above his head.
"I surrender! Don't kill me! Please!"

Combat is over! You receive 300 XP each!

...Sandron finishes tying up the Red bandit.

264Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Ya, we finished !
OK, I think we have to think about what to do next....(re-reading adventure journal's pages)
"Hm... we have to send a message to Oleg", and the next... keep adventure? :D

265Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

First Sandron searches the camp site and the remains of Kressle very closely.

"Oh, Mr. Surrender, or whatever name a dissapointed mother gave her wayward child, I can see only one thing that will let your eyes see the next morning light: Information. First of all, tell us what was exactly your business here? Just robbery and murder or something interesting?"

266Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Lakatos on low voice to Haivy:
"I guess we could go backwards either and then sell the bandits stuff & recover a bit more... And maybe they have more to say. (Don't forget the Treasure reward, Half-elf!) They could have other tasks for us. (Which means other rewards for us!)"
"Of course we can send massage with Alby, but I think that would be the correct, that we deliver Kressle's head to Oleg."

{Off}
Thanks Quark. However it sounds funny, Lakatos Gazsi, the gypsy Aristocrat XD

267Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Haivy reply Lakatos in low voices too:
"Yes, money is important, we let red bandit carry these stuffs and go back, of course tie him first."

268Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

The Red bandit stirs. "Me name's Bilbump. Don't kill me, please! I was just tryin' to make an honest living!" He pauses. "Well, you know what I mean. I didn't kill no one, honest! It was just stealin' an' lootin'!
Other members of the Stag Lord's gang, though, they're a whole other kettle o' fish. Take Jimbo over there." He points to the Yellow Bandit. "He's killed loads o' people!"

Searching the campsite, under a large pile of generic camping supplies such as firewood, food and tents that lie under the wooden tower near the campsite, you find the bandit's loot.
The loot contains the following:
321 silver pieces, mostly from Brevoy (The country to the north that's employing you)
90 gold pieces, Brevoyan again
A pair of carved silver earrings
Three crates of furs and hides
A wooden music box
A case with 8 bottles of a green liquid

The Bandits have the following gear:
4 suits of leather armour
4 longbows
4 shortswords
8 days worth of food
40 gold pieces

Kressle has the following gear:
4 daggers (including the two she threw)
A softly glowing bottle of a green liquid
A suit of Studded Leather Armour
2 Masterwork Handaxes
85 Gold Pieces

All up, you think you should be able to sell the grunt bandit's gear for 192 gp, their loot for 470 gp and Kressle's gear (minus the bottle of liquid) for 322 gp 5 sp.
You all suspect that Kressle's bottle of liquid is magical, but unless you can identify it with detect magic somehow, you won't know what it does (and consequently sell it).

269Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:22 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Are there any mules or horses of the bandits?

And I don't know if it was maybe forgotten, but I wanted to treat my wound.

When we rest (now or later) I wanna prepare my spells.

lvl0 - frost ray, prestidigitation, detect magic, arcane mark    
lvl1 - chill touch, ray of enfeeblement

270Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

lets rest

271Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Well, by now it's only about 4 hours to nightfall and you have all these nice tents ready to use now. What are you going to do about these bandits? Just leave them both tied up?

Getting the best person in the party to heal (Haivy has the only positive skill modifier) and everyone else to help: With the combined help of everyone, Haivy manages to treat your wounds successfully. With a good night's rest, you should be fully recovered. It takes an hour to perform this, and your Healer's Kit has another 8 uses left.

272Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

alright, just keep bandit be tied,
and let me prepare dinner for you!

Zzzzzzz.......

273Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Haivy uses the Bandit's supplies to create another tasty dinner.
Keeping watch in the same order as last night, but it is equally uneventful. The bandits sleep fitfully in their bonds, since they can't manage to escape.

Your spells and Bardic performance have been refreshed for the day.

Today, it is a pleasantly clear day again, and moderately warm.

What are you going to do now?

{Edit}
Given the style of music Lydovec plays (I've finally been able to listen to it), and that I haven't given him much to begin with, I'm thinking I'll give him this:

Shred: By expending 3 rounds of Bardic Performance, you can play exceptionally fast and impressively. Bonuses or Penalties from Bardic Performance are increased by a factor of 3. This is a full round action. You can start a bardic performance with this. If it is the continuation of a bardic performance, it only costs 2 rounds.
Example: Shred in the standard Bardsong will give +3 to hit and damage.

274Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

When I wake up, in the morning light, I put on my armor and feel allright^^

Than I use the detect magic on the loot we found and prepare some tea and a breakfast for the still sleeping comrades.

After this I go to our tied up packages and offer them some water if they provide me with some details about the surroundings (If they are not talking bout the kobolds, I will ask them directly).

275Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

You identify the liquid Kressle had as a potion of cure light wounds.
There is nothing else magical in the rest of the equipment.

The bandits are quite thirsty by now, and are quite happy to tell you what they know of the area for the water.
"The Kobolds you're after live southeast of here in a cave. They often fight with the Mites that live in an old tree a little way northeast of them.
"Speaking of the mites, one of those little buggers snuck into camp the other day and made off with a big bag of loot.
"Otherwise, off by a big lake to the south is the Stag Lord's Fort. He is... was... our boss."

276Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

"Ah, I thought  Kressle is your boss"
Haivy feels surprised about the news.
"What's our next plan? keep searching boss or come back to the post for trading?
I prefer to sell these things and get the better armors and weapons, or some nice alchemist's fire."

277Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:11 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I prefer to go back to the trading post either and get some money ..ugh, reputation for the deed what we complate! (And they maybe have some kind of reward, and other deeds to be complete, what I said before.. and the truth is I want to eat from Svetlana's food Bandit )

278Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:46 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, so lets head back. Will take a while I think. Hopefully we find an extra horse for those bandits.

Question: Is it possible to dry a head with that spell predistigitation or so? If yes I would cut of the head of Kressle and dry it magically. I would like to create some kind of intimitating trophy.
(Ok, if it is not possible its ok)

279Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Presdistigidation would certainly dry Kressle's head... if she was still around. She seems to have disappeared. *Plays ominous music*

It'll take you most of the day to get back to Oleg's. You're keeping the Bandits tied up and dragging them along I'd guess (and loading the heavy things on the horses)?

"Kressle's our leader, yeah. But she works for this Stag Lord bloke."

280Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

if there is even a larger group (or...company?) of bandits
there will be a possibility to encounter some following bandits when we get back to the trading post.
After all, that's the place where they lost fellows first and they all know us.
I hope we'll be safe all the way back.

281Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

It's a long walk back to Oleg's trading post. The trip back is quite different to your trip out. For a start, it's not raining, which makes it much more pleasant. Everything's green and growing, the elks are happily grazing in the sunshine and the birds twitter merrily. The bandits in tow complain at being dragged along and try to escape a few times, but you've tied their bonds tight enough that they can't escape. Otherwise the trip is uneventful.

Just a couple of hours before nightfall, you see Oleg's Trading post rise up in the distance. As you approach, you spot a few armoured figures standing watch from the walls, and four short posts sticking out of the ground a little way from the old fort.

282Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

"Good, we nearly get trading posts! I hope the guards still be there then we can let them handle these bandits"

283Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:50 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yeah, I want to get rid of the bandits either. Theyre annoying. Too bad we lost Kressle before cutting down her beautiful head. I hope we will not meet again with her.

284Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:53 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Looks like the guards got rid off the 4 bandits we left here (with a glance on the 4 posts).

I m looking forward to hear the story and to sleep in a bed.

285Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:58 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Indeed, it does appear that the guards have arrived, and they have passed judgement on the bandits. One of the armoured guards calls out a greeting from the wall.
"Ah, the intrepid explorers. It looks like you got the better of those bandits, and," He frowns "Kept a few as... Pets? Prisoners? It seems that you are perhaps too merciful for your own good.
"That last lot," he gestures to the graves "Were as villainous bandits as I've ever seen. Suppose they'd slipped their bonds? What then? You might well have returned to find the post burnt entirely to the ground!
"My name is Kesten Garess, the Captain of the Guard here, and effectively the law around here," He spits, "Little worth though the law is."

Oleg, having heard Kesten speaking, comes out through the gate of the trading post. He spots you with the bandits in tow and grins. "You took out those bandits did you? Well done, well done! Recovered all their ill-gotten goods too, I see. Let's see if I can't take those off your hands..."

286Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

"hi, captain, if you look carefully, you'll find that we put all of heavy things on bandits' back :D"
Oleg, you can hang the head(show the Kressle's head to Oleg) on the wall to warn bad guys !
and actually we come back for some trading and food. Do you have nice stuffs for our next battle? we believe there is another dangerous boss hide in south forest.

287Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

(Daydream, we don't have the head of Kressle. When I wanted to cut it off,  Kressle's body was gone. *plays ominous music*)

"Greetings, captain. We wanted to establish some kind of justice here. I know, sounds ridiculous, but we are from the idealistic sort, you know? The not so idealistic reason to keep this scum alive, was to get some informations and mules for the way back.
So we killed the members of Kressle's gang, but it seems she only pretended to be dead and slipped away while we were still fighting with the others.
Another point is, that some kobolds are out there, ok, now four less than before, but in a cave there should be more. Looks like they are fighting with mites, this bandit here told us.
And last, but not least, there should be a lake to the south, where the fort of the Stag lord is located. Maybe this will be our next goal. Does anyone know anything about this fort or the lord?"

288Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Game Text
Kesten looks thoughtful. "Yeah, I've heard of that fiend. He's been organising all the bandits in the area and is becoming a serious threat. From what I've heard, he's recruiting all sorts. One of my treacherous friends, for example." He spits, "Falgrim Sneeg. He's Varisian: Looks like a gypsy. Graying hair and a ridiculous beard. He's off with the Stag Lord, where ever he may be. Do me a favour and try and bring him in alive for me if you find him. I've got a score to settle with him."

Oleg grimaces when you mention Mites. "Those things. Sneaky thieves is what they are, and dumb and ugly, too.
"As for the kobolds, well. They're cowardly, but mostly they keep to themselves. They just need a bit of roughing up every now and then to be put in their place. Although from the sounds of it, they're getting to be a problem. Couple of travelers have mentioned them being pests. Come to think of it, the Swordlords of Restov sent a letter to the effect that there'd be a decent reward if you would quieten them down somehow.
"Oh, and come in to the storage room and we'll see what you have. I got a large shipment in just today, so there'll be plent of things for you.

{GM Notes}
So you're keeping the bandits alive as porters/extra information?
Having seen the other group in action now, I'm awarding you 100xp each for mostly acting in character (That they didn't seem to be coping with so well).
Also, you all think that the bandits you have will probably know a lot about the Stag Lord, but of course you'll have to convince them somehow to disclose the information.

289Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

(One immense important thing in pen and paper rpg's is the discussion. That is not so easy to do here on the forum, cause it takes a lot of time, but nevertheless we have to talk now:
Ok, comrades. I have a suggestion. First we should ask the captain, if its possible to change the punishment of the two bandits from death to prison, if these guys draw us a map leading to the fort of that bandit Lord and shows the rest of the area. When we find the fort and the information in reality like they told us, than I send Alby back with a little letter that they have to be imprisoned instead of killed. What you think?)

(off: Quark, you should disable the access of the members of this group to the summary of the other groups action, cause of spoiler alarm, you know?)

Meanwhile I would say we sell most of the loot, but keep (at least):

the potion of cure light wounds
one longbow and 40 arrows for myself (I will use instead of sling from now on)
the pair of silver earrings (Haivy is the only girl in our group, so I ask if she wants em, if not we should keep them for idk, maybe they will be usefull somedays. For example I can cast magic mark on them so I can find them easily with detect magic, you know, like a fantasy GPS for us, if one of us gets caught or lost)
the 2 masterwork handaxes (hey they are no crap I think)

Furthermore I wanna know what is inside of the 8 bottles. I open one and take a nose to find out.
And what is a wooden music box? An instrument? Or is it something like a hurdy-gurdy?? (would be awesome XD)

Aaaaaand I ask Oleg's wife Svetlana to make some stew, like that one we enjoyed few days earlier.

While we bring the two bandits to the place for the night, I inscribe one of him unobtrusively with an arcane mark.

So when we sit all in the post, we should talk with the captain.

290Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:44 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

"Well, captain, I want to ask you to not to kill our comrade bandits, cause we might get some (worthy) informations from them. Ya know we need that informations. So we dont need to kill em ya know. Thats the right I think."
"About the loots I want to obtain 2 short swords and use them as my main weapons (so change my kitchen knifes, but keep em)."
And lastly I ask gently Svetlana to cook something fishy (good) to us.

291Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Than take those handaxes instead of normal shortswords. They will fit well I think.
My main weapon is still the sabre.

292Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:46 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

The bottles smell like they contain a potent herbal liquor. Very potent.
Handaxes are nice, you're right, but Lakatos isn't proficient with them (So he'd be almost worse off).
A music box is a box that, when opened, plays a single piece of music, usually quite a short segment. They can be quite ornate and having actors that play out scenes to the music, but not this one. It requires absolutely no talent to play one, and Lydovec can't use it for bardsong (Comic though that may be).

You can smell an appetising something being cooked inside the trading post. Svetlana's been busy it seems.

{GM Note}
Hm, yes, I should see what I can do about stopping you seeing the other group. Live sessions definitely progress more quickly.

293Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Please continue the game here. Einstein's quite right, I should stop spoilers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum